There is something mysteriously magical about the beach that puts a wide smile on your face whenever you are reminded of it. For most of us, it is a place for laughter, joy and utmost pleasantness. From children to adults to even elderly people, virtually everyone loves going to the beach. The sea breeze, the silky sands, the bright sunlight, together tell you a tale of what life should really be like. Away from the humdrum of city life and all the stress associated with it.
It is no surprise that some of the best memories anybody has are of the times they spent on the beach. You might have some treasured memories of the place yourself. You might have gone there with a group of friends and had a gala of time dancing with the waves. Feeling one with nature. That feeling of being surrounded by water and being gently pushed back by the waves towards the wet, velvety sands is just priceless.
At sunset, walking along the beach with your loved one, hand in hand can inspire the deepest and most intense feelings of love. At night, sitting on the rocks, watching the waves hit the shore makes you realise just how powerful mother nature is. For many, the whole experience of spending time on the beach is nothing less than spiritual. It is alluring and inviting and whenever the idea of fun pops up into your head, you are instantly reminded of the beach.
Popular Beach Quotes
- Sunshine is the best medicine.
- Sky above, sand below, peace within.
- An ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.
- I followed my heart and it led me to the beach.
- My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.
- May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes.
- On the beach, you can live in bliss. – Dennis Wilson
- You’re not a wave, you’re a part of the ocean. – Mitch Albom
- You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop. – Rumi
- Every time I slip into the ocean, it’s like going home. – Sylvia Earle
- For whatever we lose (like you or me), It’s always our self we find in the sea.
- Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach. – Michelle Held
- Mind on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication, wishing my condition isn’t ever going to go away. – Jimmy Buffett
- If there’s a heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it. – Jimmy Buffett
Words truly have power. That is why beach quotes can make you want to leave everything as it is and simply go for a vacation on a beach somewhere. Even if you can’t do that, it takes you there in your imagination and for a moment, you are comfortably lost in the feelings of being there.
You are reminded of all the fun and happiness, children running around laughing mischievously, people enjoying their chilled drinks under the warm sunlight, young boys and girls playing all kinds of games, people surfing, watersports and much more.
Inspirational Beach Quotes
- Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.
- Catch a wave and you’ll be sittin’ on top of the world.
- Heaven seems a little closer at the beach.
- We dream in colours borrowed from the sea.
- There’s no place like home. Except for the beach
- The beach is not always a place… Sometimes it’s a feeling.
- You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. – Jeanne Moreau
- We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it be to sail or to watch – we are going back to whence we came. – John F. Kennedy
- No computers, no phone calls, no problems at the beach, only sunshine and smiles allowed.
- After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world. – Pam Shaw
- The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. – Jacques Cousteau
- To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there? – Walt Whitman
- A day at the beach is never lost time. When the warm grains of sand touch our hearts, we know we’re in the right place. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let the beach invade your body.
The memories alone are enough to relax you for a moment and make you feel lighter. If you want to constantly remain in that positive beach vibe, simply write these beach quotes in little pieces of paper and hang them around your workplace or even in your bedroom. You could even note them down on your phone or make a collage of them and use it as a wallpaper on your computer screen. You will be reminded that there is much more to life than just working and making money. There is a whole world of nature’s elements waiting for you to unload.
If there was a choice, I am sure we would all like to live at or near a beach. The thought itself is enough to lift your spirits and fill in you a sense of excitement. The way they show this lifestyle in the movies makes you want to take a dig at it too! Since that is not realistic for most people though, you can at least be reminded of your memories of the place through these beach quotes. They can really have that calming effect on your mood, much like how floating on the ocean water has on you.
Addiction Quotes – Break Addiction Sayings and Quotes
Get recover from Addiction with the power of words… check out our list of addiction recovery quotes that provide inspiration and insight into the world of addiction.
Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism.
What fascinates me about addiction and obsessive behavior is that people would choose an altered state of consciousness that’s toxic and ostensibly destroys most aspects of your normal life, because for a brief moment you feel okay.
Quitting smoking is easy, I’ve done it hundreds of times.
Addiction begins with the hope that something “out there” can instantly fill up the emptiness inside.
Addiction is just a way of trying to get at something else. Something bigger. Call it transcendence if you want, but it’s like a rat in a maze. We all want the same thing. We all have this hole. The thing you want offers relief, but it’s a trap.
At first, addiction is maintained by pleasure, but the intensity of this pleasure gradually diminishes and the addiction is then maintained by the avoidance of pain.
At every stage, addiction is driven by one of the most powerful, mysterious, and vital forces of human existence. What drives addiction is longing — a longing not just of brain, belly, or loins but finally of the heart. Cornelius
The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope.
I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.
Edgar Allan Poe
You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things for like a decade.
I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some blind, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He’s taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.
Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system.
The initial journey towards sobriety is a delicate balance between insight into one’s desire for escape and abstinence from one’s addiction.
Debra L. Kaplan
In the 1960s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.
What is addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood.
Addiction doesn’t kill the addict. It kills the family, kids and people who tried to help!
If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim.
The first thing in the human personality that dissolves in alcohol is dignity.
Action Beats Intention
Action always beats intention.
Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. – Buddha
- All Quotes5 years ago
I’m A Feminist
- All Quotes5 years ago
Valentine’s Day Quote
- All Quotes4 years ago
Word Porn Quote
- All Quotes3 years ago
Word Porn Quote
- Relationship Rules3 years ago
- All Quotes5 years ago
Ways To Create A Better Life
- All Quotes5 years ago
- Relationship Rules5 years ago